Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"The Battle at the Gate" 3-14-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I open the gates of my heart and soul to You this day. I welcome You in as the King of Glory. ... "In that day the Lord of hosts will be a garland of glory, and a diadem of beauty, to the remnant of His people; and a spirit of justice to the one who sits in judgment, and strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate" (Isaiah 28:5-6). Lord, I want to be among the remnant of Your people. I want to be counted as one who remains faithful and true by Your grace through every wave of judgment that comes and through every battle that is waged. But free me from the confusion of passivity and passivism that sits back waiting for Your return or waiting for You to do what You have called me to do in the power of Your strength and Spirit. In Your strength, let me take my place to obey Your command to "turn back the battle at the gate" of my city, and my family, and my heart. This is a spiritual battle, to be fought with the spiritual weapons of faith and courage, truth and justice, humility and grace. We are to wield "the weapons of our warfare" -- the name of Jesus, the power of Your blood, the sword of Your Spirit in the Word of God, worship and praise that exalts our God and confuses our enemies (2 Corinthians 10:4). "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12, NKJV). We are not to run in fear or to rest in passivism, we are "to stand" and "to withstand in the evil day" the enemy of our souls (verse 6:13). It is an all-volunteer army, but You are calling us and commanding us to volunteer, to be trained, and to be employed at Your command. In the name of Jesus, I renounce the passivity of the confused Christian culture of my generation. Though You came the first time as the gentle Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, You are coming now with fire in Your eyes, a sword in Your hand, and a robe dipped in blood as You lead the armies of heaven (Revelation 19:11-16). "In righteousness He judges and makes war" (verse 19:11). These battles are fought through the choices we make every day. Be victorious in my heart that You can be victorious through my life to turn back the battle of evil forces and sinful flesh at the gates where You call me to take my stand. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Friday night 3/17 (not on Saturday any more) for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.orgDaily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com