Monday, March 13, 2006

Arise and Shine 3-13-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be near to me today, as I willingly and deliberately submit my life into Your hands in these first moments of my day. ... "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life' " (John 8:12). Lord, shine Your light into the depths of my soul like the light of the morning sun shining into the depths of dawn. Light my spirit like a candle so that I will shine with Your light today. As You drive the darkness out of me, then I will be like a lighted candle in Your hand as You carry me throughout the day driving out the darkness wherever You take me. Though my culture and the cultures of the earth are filled with darkness, You have called me to stand out from the darkness and to shine with the light of Your glory in the midst of the darkness. But I can only shine with Your light to the degree that I have embraced Your light and submitted to Your deliverance from the darkness that tries to linger in my soul. By Your grace, I can choose to walk in Your light or linger in the darkness with every decision set before me each day. "For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of the light -- for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true. Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord.... but everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore, it say, 'Sleeper, awake! Rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you' " (Ephesians 4:8-14). Help me live in Your light as Your light lives in me more each day. "For it is the God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:6). In You, I will "Arise and shine; for my Light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon me" (Isaiah 60:1, personalized). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain This Friday Night 3/17 -- now the 3rd Friday night of every month instead of Saturday at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com