Monday, March 27, 2006

"Unfailing Treasure" 3-27-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I entrust my life to You today, as best as I can and all by Your grace. ... "Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, your heart will be also" (Luke 12:32-34). Today, we will sell our most significant material possession, as we close on the sale of our former home. Thank You, Lord, for the grace of selling it quickly and for leading Tricia to this new home she truly loves. May the peace of Your presence rest on the home we have left and the home we have received. And may the peace of Your presence rest on those who have no home at all, as You remind us daily that our true home is a kingdom not of this earth. "But our citizenship is in heaven, and it is from there that we are expecting a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ" (Philippians 3:20). Our new home in Wilmore is a little smaller, with a little less space for our possessions. Thank You, Lord, for the grace of giving, as we have received of the blessing of simplifying our possessions and our hearts. And even then, You have given my wife a gift of making our home a place of simple beauty and welcoming warmth. But while our possessions will wear out and one day our treasures in this world will cease, You will endure and the treasures that are truly worth possessing will last forever. "So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen in temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). Lord, continue to simply my life and help me release my hold on the material possessions and the passing treasures of this world. Remind me every day that all that I have and all that I am belongs to You and is to be used by You in the service of Your kingdom. Continue to open my eyes and my heart to Your eternal perspective. You are my "unfailing treasure." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com