Friday, March 17, 2006

"I Die Daily" 3-17-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek You and I need You. I welcome You into my heart more deeply each day. Let me continually be emptied of myself and filled with You, as the Father and the Son come and make Your home in my heart by Your Holy Spirit (John 14:23). ... "Then He said to them all, 'If any want to be My followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves? Those who are ashamed of Me and My words, of them the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels' " (Luke 9:23-26). Yes, Lord Jesus. I want to be Your follower. I want to life the live I was created to live and fulfill the fullness of my calling and destiny in this opportunity I have during this sliver of eternity I live in this earthly body. Remind me daily of this eternal perspective. Remind me daily to live for You and not myself. Remind me daily to choose by Your grace to take up my cross and follow You. As I deny myself, I embrace You, as You continue to come in glory into my heart and life. As Paul said, "I die daily" (1 Corinthians 15:31, NJKV). As John the Baptist said, "You must increase and I must decrease" (John 3:30, personalized). This is a choice You set before me each day -- to follow the world or follow You, to live for myself or live for You, to be ashamed of You or glorify You. I choose You again this day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, You are invited to Come to The Fountain! this Friday night 3/17 for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. Please spread the word that The Fountain is now on the 3rd Friday night instead of Saturday night. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.orgDaily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com