Sunday, March 19, 2006

Obedience Brings Blessing 3-19-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You, my Father. I welcome You, Holy Spirit. Teach me the wisdom of Your ways and give me the desire to obey Your will. I watch and wait for Your leading in silent surrender before Your throne. ... "You shall keep My sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary: I am the Lord. If you follow My statutes and keep My commandments and observe them faithfully, I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. Your threshing shall overtake the vintage, and the vintage shall overtake the sowing; you shall eat your bread to the full, and live securely in your land. And I will grant peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and no one shall make you afraid. ... And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and you shall be My people" (Leviticus 26:3-12). Obedience brings blessing. You desire from me the obedience of a son, not the obedience of a slave or a hired hand. You desire obedience "from the heart" (Romans 6:17). This is the obedience that comes from the desire to please You and to trust You because I believe You love me and You know what is best for me. If I keep Your sabbaths, I will learn to rest in You. If I reverence Your sanctuary, I will know the place of peace in Your presence. If I lie down from the labors of my flesh and rest in the strength of Your Word and Your will, I will experience the Your love that casts away all my fears and anxieties and stress. As I continually welcome You to walk with me through the moments of my life, I will know with ever-increasing certainty that You are my God and I am Your son. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com