Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Led by the Spirit 3-15-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me listen for Your leading. ... "The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:8). "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14). Lord, increase my sensitivity to the leading of Your Spirit. And increase my willingness to be flexible and obedient to follow. The ways of the Spirit are not the ways of my flesh. My flesh wants certainty and security and conformity. But Your Spirit comes in ways I don't expect and leads me to places I would not have gone. Being led by Your Spirit is part of growing into the maturity of relationship with You. I have to take time to know Your voice and listen for Your leading. I am called to have courage to rise and follow You at the prompting and directing of this spiritual Force as unseen as the wind, but just as real. This spiritual Force is a Personhood of Your Being -- the Holy Spirit of the Living God -- living in me and living through me and all those who are "born of the Spirit" and called by Your name as children of God. Your life on earth is my example. You were "led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil" for forty days as You fasted and prayed (Matthew 4:1). Flesh would not choose that, but the Spirit did. "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit" (Romans 8:5). You are freeing me from the weakness of my flesh, encouraging me each day to rise the power of Your Spirit and follow the leading of the will of God, which is often so contrary to my natural thoughts and desires. "The Spirit helps us in our weakness" and "the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God" (verse 8:26-27). Thank You for the gift of Your Spirit -- the "Sprit of Life in Christ Jesus" (verse 8:2). Thank You for the grace You are giving me to follow Your Spirit where You lead, even when my flesh does not want to go there. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain This Friday Night 3/17 -- the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel at Centenary in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. Paul Cooper will lead in worship and I will lead in prayer. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening. To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.org Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com