Saturday, December 09, 2006

Invocation 12-9-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. By the Holy Spirit of the Living God living in me, I come to You, Father, through Jesus, Your Son. ... "Be attentive to all that I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips" (Exodus 23:13). I invoke Your name, Lord Jesus. Your name is "the name that is above every name" (Philippians 2:9). Your name speaks of Your nature, and Your name means "the salvation of God." Thank You for saving me -- saving me from the law of sin and death, saving me from the nature of my flesh and pride of self-centeredness, saving from the eternal torment of hell apart from You. "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). As I invoke Your name, I welcome Your Holy Spirit, "the Spirit of Christ" living in me (Romans 8:9). Fill me Holy Spirit, possess me, Lord. Make me more like Jesus each day, conforming me into the image and nature of Christ (v. 8:29). The Father and the Son are One, coming to abide in me and all the children of God by the Holy Spirit of the Living God. Your Spirit of Truth and Life comes to dwell in us, as Your life becomes our lives and we embrace Your possession of our lives each day. "Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you" (John 14:19-20). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com