Saturday, December 02, 2006

"In the Love of Jesus" 12-2-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord, and I lift my voice to worship You. ... "For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' " (Galatians 5:14). As I have sent out these morning prayers for almost three years now, I have felt Your leading to sign them off with the note "In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays." Recently the thoughts were coming to me that I shouldn't do that -- that it's not manly enough, too awkward, it might make people feel uncomfortable, and on and on. But You began to show me the source of those thoughts, and that the source is not You. You are love, and love is to be at the heart of my relationship with You and with others. "Whoever does not love does not know God, God is love" (1 John 4:8). The cultures of our world want to make love seem weak and foolish, even unnecessary and unattainable. You warned us that in these last days "the love of many will grow cold" (Matthew 24:12). That's because the enemy of our souls hates love and hates You, because You are love. And love overcomes our enemy. To grow in spiritual maturity is to grow in love -- love for You and love for one another. We cannot grow without growing in love. So give me grace to keep loving You and loving others. Give me courage to "declare Your steadfast love in the morning" (Psalm 92:2). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we are planning to send out our quarterly newsletter, Messiah's Messenger. If you have changed addresses or would like us to add yours, please send us a note with your regular mailing address, and we'll send one to you. God bless! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794