Monday, December 18, 2006

Mighty Warrior God 12-18-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Strengthen my spirit in these morning moments of prayer. Gird up my heart in faith to face the battles I will face today for the sake of Your name. ... "The Lord is my strength and my might, and He has become my salvation; this is my God and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him. The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is His name" (Exodus 15:2-3). Moses and the people sang this song of praise as they stood in wonder at the shores of the Red Sea. Their enemies charged against them, shouting taunts of terror to melt their hearts in fear: "I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil, my desire shall have its fill of them. I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them" (15:9). But it was Your hand that drew the sword of Your Word. "You blew Your wind, the sea covered them; they sank like lead in the mighty waters" (15:10). You defeated the enemies of Your people in the face of certain destruction. Then their hearts could not contain the songs of praise and shouts of joy for the strength and power of Your salvation. "Your right hand, O Lord, glorious in power -- Your right hand, O Lord, shattered the enemy!" (15:6). You are my strength and my might. Come in power to defeat the enemies of my soul. Stretch out Your mighty right hand, O Lord. Deliver me from destruction and establish me in the victory of Your salvation. You are love, but You are also a warrior -- a mighty warrior who's love for Your people consumes our enemies and silences their taunts. Arise in Your power and let Your enemies be scattered. "This is my God and I will praise Him!" In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com