Friday, December 22, 2006

Holy Habitation in Zion 12-22-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Lord and my Savior. I bow before Your heavenly throne and welcome You here on to the throne of my heart. ... "For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His habitation: 'This is My resting place forever; here I will reside for I have desired it. I will abundantly bless its provisions; I will satisfy its poor with bread. It's priests I will clothe with salvation, and its faithful will shout for joy. There I will cause a horn to sprout up for David; I have prepared a lamp for My anointed One. His enemies I will clothe with disgrace, but on Him, His crown will gleam" (Psalm 132:13-18). In this season of the celebration of Your first coming as the Christ Child, all the eyes of the world are turned toward Zion -- the mountain of the city at the center of the land of Your birth, Your ministry, Your death, Your resurrection, and Your return. "Thus says the Lord God: This is Jerusalem; I have set her in the center of the nations, with countries all around her" (Ezekiel 5:5). As we think of Bethlehem and Jerusalem, Galilee and Nazareth, let us remember to pray for this land and its people at the center of the earth. Though there has been great rebellion, there will be great renewal. Though there has been great violence, there will be great victory. Though there have been great threats of great destruction, there will be great restoration. So, I pray for the peace of Jerusalem, as Your Word commands us: "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. May they prosper who love you" (Psalm 122:6). I pray for the people of "the city of God" to turn their eyes to You and behold their Messiah (Psalm 46:4). I pray for the day of peace that will come on the day of Your return to Your "resting place forever" as Your people declare, "Blessed in the One who comes in the name of the Lord" (Matthew 23:39). On that day, I will join all its faithful to "shout for joy" when Your "crown will gleam" by the praise of Your people. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com