Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"Eagerly Wait" 4-10-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I humble my heart to hear Your voice and sense Your lead. ... "For through the Spirit, by faith, we eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness" (Galatians 5:5). Lord, teach me how to "eagerly wait." When I am eager, it's hard to wait. And when I am waiting, it's hard to be eager. Remind me moment by moment what it is I am eagerly waiting for -- "the hope of righteousness." You are the only hope of righteousness I have. Apart from You, I have none. But in You, I have "become the righteousness of God" through the mystery of faith and the mercy of grace (2 Corinthians 5:21). It seems I hear You say: "I will teach you if you are willing to learn. Look again at My Word -- 'through the Spirit, by faith.' This is the key. It is only 'through the Spirit' that you can eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. And it is only 'by faith' that you can receive it. My Spirit within you gives you the desire and the power to seek Me and My righteousness. My Spirit within you gives you the faith to believe I am changing your nature into My nature, as You entrust yourself to Me. To be eager is to desire this with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. To wait is to allow Me to work this out in You by My power and not Your performance." Yes, Lord. I welcome Your Holy Spirit within me to empower me to seek You and Your righteousness, to embrace You and Your will, to submit to You and Your perfect timing and way to make me more like You. Thank You for Your patience and Your grace as You empower me to change. "For it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). So by Your Spirit, through faith -- in the power and desire that You give me moment by moment and day by day -- I eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. I eagerly wait for the hope of being conformed into Your image and transformed into Your nature, all in Your perfect timing and Your perfect way -- not depending on my performance, but trusting in Your power (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please join us in prayer this morning for our CBMC Commonwealth Prayer Breakfast in Lexington, Kentucky (Radison Hotel downtown at 7:30 am). This will be Christ-centered and not state-sponsored, even though our Governor and leaders in the marketplace and public square will join us in prayer for the people of our state in our freedom to pray to God and praise His name privately and publicly. www.cbmcbluegrass.com -- Connecting Business & Marketplace to Christ in the Bluegrass. Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com