Monday, April 09, 2007

The Purpose of Resurrection Power 4-9-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Resurrection and the Life. Arise in my life today, I pray. ... "But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through His Spirit that dwells in you" (Romans 8:10-11). The same Holy Spirit of the Living God who raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in me. The same Power that all hell couldn't hold is at work within me, empowering me to overcome sin and death and every stronghold of hell. "God raised the Lord and will also raise us by His power" (1 Corinthians 6:14). Lord, raise me up by Your power above a mediocre life -- just trying to get by, just trying to survive, just trying to hold on for a rapture out of this world and into the next. Deliver me from that mindset of complacency and passivity. Release me from irrelevancy and empower me for Your purposes. Raise me up to fulfill my destiny in Christ. Let death of vision and deadening of spirit have no place and no hold in my heart or my mind. Open my eyes to see You as You are and to see myself as I am -- cleansed by Your blood, filled with Your Spirit, and empowered by Your grace to fulfill the purpose and calling of my destiny. "So that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know the hope to which He has called you, what are the riches of His glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power for us who believe, according to the working of His great power" (Ephesians 1:18-19). This is the purpose of the resurrection power now at work within me. This is the reason You raised me from the dead in Christ and empowered me by Your Spirit to live a resurrected life, "alive in Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:22). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I pray the blessing of God's resurrection power in every area of your lives! I'm excited to be invited to preach by my good friend Pastor Gary Ball at our Bishop's church, Crestwood United Methodist Church outside of Louisville, Kentucky, this coming Sunday, April 15. I believe the Lord has given me this message to preach: "Between the Cross and Pentecost" -- Jesus called us to pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to live out the power of the resurrection (Luke 24:44-49). Please pray this for us and I'll be praying this for you. God bless! Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com