Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Positioned for the Power of the Cross 4-3-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up, exalted in my praises and worshipped in my prayer. ... "When Jesus saw His mother and the disciple whom He loved standing beside her, He said to His mother, 'Woman, here is your son.' Then He said to the disciple, 'Here is your mother.' And from that hour the disciple took her into his own home" (John 19:26-27). At the foot of the cross, You set all things in order. As we humble ourselves at Your feet and look up to seek Your face, we can hear Your voice and sense Your will. As You said, "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself" (John 12:32). You come close to us as we humble ourselves from our pride, insecurity, fear, and shame to come close to You. "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.... Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you" (James 4:8-10). As I draw near and lift You up in my heart, there You give me the grace to hear and the grace to obey. Humility positions me for the power of the cross. There, You empower me to live my life in the paths You set before me, in the relationships of trust and love You have formed for me. "Teach me the way that I should go, for to You I lift up my soul" (Psalm 143:8). "Gladden the soul of Your servant, for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul" (Psalm 86:2). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794