Monday, April 02, 2007

Our Paschal Lamb 4-2-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Holy are You, Lord. You are worthy of my praise and the focus of my attention, as I sacrifice to You the first moments of my morning. ... "Your boasting is not a good thing. Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch, as you really are unleavened. For our Paschal Lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed. Therefore, let us celebrate the festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth" (1 Corinthians 5:6-8). In the days leading up to Your sacrifice of love for us on the cross, the Jewish people came to Jerusalem from every town and tribe to "purify themselves" and celebrate the Passover (John 11:55). This is "the Festival of Unleavened Bread" You commanded to be observed by Your people "throughout your generations as a perpetual ordinance" to always remember Your mercy of deliverance out of the bondage of Egypt (Exodus 12:14-28). As they prepared their hearts for Passover, they sought a lamb "without blemish" (v. 12:5). And they prepared bread that was unleavened (v. 12:8). They did not yet realize that this meal of remembrance throughout their generations was intended to prepare their hearts for You. You were the Lamb without blemish, the Bread of Life unleavened by sin. You were the sacrifice of love to deliver us from the bondage of sin and death, "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world" (John 1:29). In these days of the paschal season, where we prepare our hearts to remember and celebrate Your death and resurrection, clean out the old yeast of sin in my soul. "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24). You are "the Way Everlasting;" You are "the Unleavened Bread of Sincerity and Truth;" You are the Life of God who willing laid down Your life for me in the mercy of Your love (John 14:6). Let this week be more than holy days of remembrance and a festival of celebration. Let them be days where my eyes and heart are opened to the Lamb of God who cleanses my soul, delivers me from bondage, and makes me holy and whole through the sacrifice of the blood of the One without blemish and unleavened by sin. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. (RSVP Required for the Special Seder Meal for Passover Tonight). Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com