Friday, April 13, 2007

Morning by Morning, Friday 4-13-07 -- Light Always Displaces the Darkness Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my safety and security, my rock and my refuge. I entrust myself and my family and all of my life to You this day. ... "I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised, so I shall be saved from my enemies" (Psalm 18:1-3). All around me, I see the kingdom of God advancing in power. And I see the enemy of our souls fighting back and lashing out in nervous fits of rage. "Rejoice then, you heavens and those who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, for the devil has come down to you with great wrath, because he knows his time is short!" (Revelation 12:12). Though these are days that "darkness shall cover the face of the earth" when spiritual forces of destruction and death are unleashed in final fury upon the earth, at the same time, we who find our shelter in the stronghold of the Lord can answer Your call in the power of Your strength to "Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you" (Isaiah 60:1-2). Though there is darkness, darkness cannot overcome the light. Light always displaces the darkness. Our part is to turn on the light by turning to the One who is light, then letting Your light shine through us. There we find safety and security in Your light; and just as importantly, those who are lost and bound in fear of the darkness will see Your light shining in the midst of the darkness and be drawn in hope out of the dominion of darkness and into the kingdom of Your light. "May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from His glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of our sins through His blood" (Colossians 1:11-14). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please make plans to come join us if you can at Messiah Ministries for our 2007 Celebration Dinner -- "How Great is Our God!" -- on Friday Night, April 27th in Lexington, Kentucky. RSVP to Marilyn: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-422-1794. Please join us in praying for the blessing of funds to fulfill our calling and vision; and please spread the word to anyone who might have a heart for our vision. I'll be glad to talk with them. God bless you! Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com See what's free at AOL.com.