Tuesday, April 17, 2007

God Desires Godly Offspring 4-17-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. Lord God Almighty, You are holy and You are One. I worship You in every dimension of Your Being -- God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit -- from every dimension of my being -- spirit, soul, and body. ... "Both flesh and spirit are His. And what does the one God desire? Godly offspring" (Malachi 2:15). My Lord God, through faith in You given to me by the mercy of Your love and the grace of Your blood, I am a child of God -- "For we too are His offspring" (Acts 17:28). "For in Christ Jesus, you are all children of God through faith" (Galatians 3:26). And I want to be a godly offspring -- growing in the wisdom of Your ways, maturing in the nature of Your Being, and following in the leading of Your Spirit. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14). My Father God, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I yield my flesh and spirit to You. Into Your hands -- holy hands scarred by the nails of my sin but reaching to me in love by Your grace -- I commit and commend my spirit and soul and body to You. A little more each day in the journey of faith, make me more like You. "May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do this" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24). Thank You, Lord, for Your patience and Your grace to do this in me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, many have sent notes asking about last Sunday. Thank You so much for praying for us when I preached on waiting and watching and praying in these days "Between the Cross and Pentecost." The Lord had gone before me to prepare hungry hearts for His Word who joined me in prayer for a fresh baptism of His Spirit (Mark 1:8; John 1:33; Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-5). I pray the same for you and your church in this season of preparation of our hearts for the power of God, the Lord of the Harvest, between the Feast of Passover and the Feast of Pentecost (Leviticus 23:5 and 16). If you are able to come to our Celebration Dinner on April 27th, please RSVP to Marilyn by this Saturday 4/21 DirOfMinistries@aol.com 859-317-1591. Many thanks and blessings to all who can't come but who will pray for us instead! Come to The Fountain! this Friday night 4/20 at 7 pm for Messiah Ministries' monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries and I will be leading in prayer and Paul Cooper of Liberty Worship Center will be leading in worship. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com