Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"You Complete Me" 4-25-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my peace, and I trust in Your power. ... "Now may the God of peace, who brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, make you complete in everything good so that you may do His will, working among us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever" (Hebrews 13:20-21). The all-time classic, corny line from a romance movie that makes every guy grimace and cringe is "You complete me." But it's so classic because it's so true. We are created to be completed. You said from the beginning, "It is not good that the man should be alone" (Genesis 2:18). So You use the loneliness and emptiness to draw us to one another and to draw us to You. But even though You love us through one another, it is still, ultimately, only You who can make us "complete in everything good." And I am created and completed for a purpose -- so that I may do Your will, living a life that is pleasing in Your sight. You are the God of peace who knows and tends to my needs as a great shepherd, even laying down Your life for Your sheep (John 10:11). You comfort me and complete me so that my life may be fulfilled in my relationship with You and with those You bring into relationship with me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com