Friday, April 20, 2007

Provision and Peace in the Land 4-20-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and I need Your grace. ... "If you follow My statutes and keep My commandments and observe them faithfully, I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the land shall yield their fruit.... And I will grant peace in the land, and you shall lie down and no one shall make you afraid...." (Leviticus 26:3-6). There are blessings of provision and peace that come to our lives and our land with obedience to Your will. But obedience is impossible apart from You and Your grace. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). "There is no one who is righteous, not even one" (v. 3:10). So I can only "become obedient from the heart" by turning my heart over to You (v. 6:17). Every day, I need Your grace. Every day, I need to call on Your name in humble repentance and trusting faith for my life and for my land to be cleansed by Your blood and find the obedience of righteousness in You alone. This is "the obedience of faith" that comes only "through Jesus Christ" (Romans 16:25-27). Only here is the place of peace where there is freedom from fear -- the place at the foot of the cross, under the blood of the Lamb, and in the arms of God. Here is the place I find the "grace and peace" You have promised "in abundance" to all "who have been chosen by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with His blood" (1 Peter 1:2). Thank You, Lord, for drawing me here to this place of grace where I can know Your provision and peace in my land and my life, even in the midst of unrighteousness and unrest. Here I am not untouched by it, but I am unafraid of it. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! Tonight, Friday 4/20 at 7 pm for Messiah Ministries' monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries and I will be leading in prayer and Paul Cooper of Liberty Worship Center will be leading in worship. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 Friends, if you are able to come to our Celebration Dinner on April 27th, please RSVP to Marilyn by this Saturday 4/21: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591. Many thanks and blessings to all who can't come but who will pray for us instead, as we pray for God's provision to fulfill His vision in our hearts! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com