Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hands of Innocence 4-12-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. I choose to abide in You and welcome You to abide in me. ... "I wash my hands in innocence, and go around Your altar, O Lord, singing aloud a song of thanksgiving, and telling all Your wondrous deeds. O Lord, I love the house in which You dwell, and the place where Your glory abides" (Psalm 26:6-8). Only through the blood of the Lamb that cleanses my sins through confession, repentance, and faith are my hands innocent. Only through the blood of the Lamb can I draw near to Your altar and "approach the throne of grace with boldness" (Hebrews 4:16). And at the same time, it is so important to see that I am innocent -- not because of my actions, but because of Yours; not because of my goodness but because of Yours. To deny my innocence through the cleansing of Your blood would be to reject all that You have sacrificed to give. So instead of rejecting Your gift and scorning Your mercy in some form of false humility, looking at myself instead of looking to You, I thank You and praise You with songs of thanksgiving and prayers of praise, declaring to You and to all heaven and earth Your wondrous deeds. Now my heart is Your house and my body is Your temple -- "the place where Your glory abides." I have washed my hands in Your innocence. In the truth of Your Word, I know "the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). In the truth of Your Word, I know my "body is a temple of the Holy Spirit" (1 Corinthians 6:19). Though I don't deserve it, though I've done nothing to earn it, I can love this house of my heart where You dwell because You do. "God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us" (Romans 5:5). As Your truth settles in to my soul, how could I not sing aloud a song of thanksgiving and tell of all Your wondrous deeds. So I will this morning -- as I write my journal of prayer and praise to You, as I send it to the nations and post it in the heavens. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please make plans to come join us if you can at Messiah Ministries for our 2007 Celebration Dinner -- "How Great is Our God!" -- on Friday Night, April 27th in Lexington, Kentucky. RSVP to Marilyn: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-422-1794. Please join us in praying for the blessing of funds to fulfill our calling and vision; and please spread the word to anyone who might have a heart for our vision. I'll be glad to talk with them. God bless you! Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com