Monday, April 23, 2007

Pleasing to God 4-23-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I commit this day into Your hands. Be Lord of my thoughts and desires throughout the moments of my day. ... "For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He adorns the humble with victory" (Psalm 149:4). A humble heart, willingly choosing to be desperately dependent upon You, brings a smile to Your face and joy to Your heart. Help me humble myself in trusting surrender into Your hands today, as You put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Help me trust that You will be going before me, guiding my steps and preparing the way for my life to be a pleasing aroma to You today. Help me be and do "that which is pleasing in (Your) sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever" (Hebrews 13:21). You resist the proud, but give grace to the humble (James 4:6). And in Your grace alone, will I find the victory of Your peace and Your power through every challenge I face. As I do, I join those who "lead lives worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him" to "bear fruit in every good work" (Colossians 1:10). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Dear Friends, we are getting our final count to the caterer today for our Celebration Dinner this Friday Night, April 27th. Please call Marilyn right away if you are coming and haven't RSVP'd yet. 859-317-1591 or DirOfMinistries@aol.com God bless you and please cover this special evening in the life of our ministry in prayer. Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com