Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Jesus Said I Am 4-4-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I quiet my soul and seek Your face. ... " 'Your ancestor Abraham rejoiced that he would see My day; he saw it and was glad.' Then Jews said to Him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I am.' So they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple" (John 8:56-59). Lord Jesus, You are I Am. Though Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons and all the other cults of the day say You never claimed to be God, the Jews of Jerusalem had no doubt of Your claim, as they picked up stones to stone You to death for the blasphemy of saying You were. You left them no room to doubt Your claim, as You began to reveal Your identity in one encounter after another. "I Am the Bread of Life" (John 6:48). "I Am the Light of the World" (v. 8:12). "I Am the Gate" (v. 10:9). "I Am the Good Shepherd" (v. 10:11). "I Am in the Father" (v. 10:38). "I Am the Resurrection and the Life" (v. 11:25). "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (v. 14:6). "I Am the True Vine" (v. 15:1). "I Am a King" (v. 18:37). Your words of identity were deliberately intended to remind them and remind us of the words of identity of "the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob" Who revealed Himself to Moses in the desert -- "I Am Who I Am" -- "This is My name forever, and this is My title for all generations" (Exodus 3:14-15). As C. S. Lewis said, You could not be a good man, a wise teacher, or a noble prophet, while at the same time speaking these words about Yourself if they were not true -- You must be "a lunatic, liar, or Lord." You didn't leave us any other choice, as You eternally declared, "The Father and I are One" (John 10:30). So again this day, I lay down the stones of doubt and unbelief, and I lift up my hands in worship and praise. "Because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). Yours is the name above every name (Philippians 2:9-11) "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794