Friday, June 23, 2023

Sadness to Gladness, Graves into Gardens - June 23, 2023

 

Morning by Morning, June 23 - Sadness to Gladness, Graves into Gardens

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I begin my day centered in You. ...

 

I love this ministry of inner healing You’ve called me to -- helping people be set free from all that holds them back from being all You created them to be -- in the arms of the love of our Father, in the power and presence of Jesus coming into every age and memory of trauma or pain or shame, in the moving of the Holy Spirit of the Living God to uproot and remove the source of the struggles and symptoms of all that’s less than Your will in our “spirit and soul and body” (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

 

Sorrow and sadness has to flee, as You reveal and remove and replace what’s less than Your heart with healing and freedom, peace and joy (Matthew 3:10; Luke 4:11).

 

As the song says, “You turn graves into gardens.” And another says, “You break every chain.” And another says, “We speak the name of Jesus over every stronghold as You break through our shadows.”

 

As Your Word says, You heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free, giving beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garments praise for the spirit of heaviness, as You sets things right within us by the righteousness within You (Isaiah 61:1-3).

 

As the Psalm says,

 

“Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me;

Lord, be my helper!”

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;

You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,

To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.

O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!” (Psalm 30:10-12)

 

As The Passion Translation of that Verse says,

 

“So hear me now, Lord; show me Your famous mercy.

O God, be my Savior and rescue me!

Then He broke through and transformed all my wailing

into a whirling dance of ecstatic praise!

He has torn the veil and lifted from me

the sad heaviness of mourning.

He wrapped me in the glory-garments of gladness.

How could I be silent when it’s time to praise You?

Now my heart sings out, bursting with joy—

a bliss inside that keeps me singing,

‘I can never thank You enough!’” (Psalm 30:10-12)

 

It’s true. I can never thank You enough for all You are, for all You’ve done, for all You’re doing and going to do. You’re the only God who can come into the memories and moments of the pain and shame, the brokenness and bondages, the limitations and distortions of our identities and destinies to heal us from the inside out and set us free to be like Jesus -- to be all You created us to be -- secure in our identity and growing up in spiritual maturity, empowered to move in spiritual authority to fulfill our God-given destiny (Ephesians 4:11-16). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you healed from the inside out, set free to be like Jesus, secure in your identity, growing in spiritual maturity, moving in spiritual authority, and fulfilling your God-given destiny, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


My Books on Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom are Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


July 9

Preaching at The Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Festival in Kenya! I'll be part of a team of evangelists and intercessors sharing the Gospel in outdoor meetings, prisons, universities, orphanages, street ministry in Nyeri, Kenya, led by Wesley Paul Ministries. Over 150 Churches and ministry alliances across all denominations are hosting us and joining in weekly gatherings of unified prayer across the city!


August 5

Setting Hearts Free! conference

Messiah Ministries' Conference hosted at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas on Saturday 8:30 to 4:30, with breakfast and lunch included. Worship and Inner Healing Prayer Ministry.

All are Welcome! Please Spread the Word!

No Charge. Love Offering. Please send us an email to register:

Events@Messiah-Ministries.org


August 6

Preaching at The Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas


September 9 - Save the Date!

Messiah Ministries' Annual Celebration Fundraiser

Free to Be Like Jesus - Texas Style!

Please make plans to come join us if you can. Hosted this year at the Y.O. Ranch Hotel & Conference Center in Kerrville, Texas

Events@Messiah-Ministries.org


October 14

Speaking at the Worship Meeting with Louada Raschke Ministries at The Empty Cross in Kerrville, Texas for the Lunar Eclipse optimal vantage point in the Texas Hill Country when thousands will come to see it that weekend. Coming King Sculpture Prayer Garden.


October 21

Speaking at the Heart of Texas Meeting of Aglow International in Belton, Texas


October 28

Teaching on Deliverance Prayer Ministry at the Central Texas Area Leaders Meeting for Aglow International Ministries.


November 2-13

Ministry in Spain! Freedom Encounter Weekends at 2 Churches inviting us for Inner Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry and Equipping


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays