Friday, June 09, 2023

Turning 62, Embracing Isaiah 62 - June 9, 2023

 

Morning by Morning, June 9 - Turning 62, Embracing Isaiah 62

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my soul to arise into Your Presence to begin my day in the communion of prayer with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God (Psalm 57:8). ...

 

Tomorrow I’ll turn 62. I used to think that sounded old, but now I like to think of things like when Moses didn’t even begin his life’s calling until he was 80 and Enoch who walked with God until he was taken up in the Spirit at 365 years old. I don’t think I want to live that long, but I do want every year, every day to count, as I walk with You.

 

On the numbers of my birthdays, I often think of the chapters of my favorite Book of the Bible, the Prophet Isaiah. And it’s Isaiah 62 that declares these words of prophecy which I embrace for my 62nd year:

 

“Go through,

Go through the gates!

Prepare the way for the people;

Build up,

Build up the highway!

Take out the stones,

Lift up a banner for the peoples!

 

“Indeed the Lord has proclaimed

To the end of the world:

‘Say to the daughter of Zion,

‘Surely your salvation is coming;

Behold, His reward is with Him,

And His work before Him.’

 

“And they shall call them The Holy People,

The Redeemed of the Lord;

And you shall be called Sought Out,

A City Not Forsaken” (Isaiah 62:10-12).

 

I’m excited to “go through the gates” this year!

 

I’m excited to go everywhere You send me, to go through every gate You set before me.

 

I believe some will be gates You’ll open for me -- like the gates You open that no man can shut (Isaiah 22:22; Revelation 3:7).

 

And I believe some will even be “the gates of hell (that) shall not prevail” against the men and women of God who are the body and bride of Christ, filled with Your Spirit and fulfilling our calling (Matthew 16:18).

 

As I “go through the gates” this year, give me the grace to join in Your heart and Your ministry to open up the gates of salvation for all who need to know the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ, to open “prepare the way” for people to encounter the living Presence of the Living God, to build up their spirits that are cast down, to help build a highway of holiness in the hearts of those hungering and thirsting to encounter more of the Lord their God, to help clear away the stones of every barrier that would try to block their way from fulfilling their destiny in You, and to life up the banner of Your love over the people of the body and bride of Christ.

 

Do it in me and do it through me this year, this 62nd year, I pray.

 

As I go through the gates, I life up the gates of my heart to You, that the King of Glory may come in as never before, as King David declared with his heart after You:

 

“Lift up your heads, O you gates!

And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!

And the King of glory shall come in.

Who is this King of glory?

The Lord strong and mighty,

The Lord mighty in battle.

Lift up your heads, O you gates!

Lift up, you everlasting doors!

And the King of glory shall come in.

Who is this King of glory?

The Lord of hosts,

He is the King of glory!” (Psalm 22:7-10)

 

In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 

My friend, may the gates of heaven be opened before you into all the Lord has for you this year and every year, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events

June 15

Speaking at San Antonio, Texas Evening Aglow 7PM

Hosted at Friendship Church, 14015 San Pedro. Contact Hannah for details: sa.aglow.evening@gmail.com All are welcome!


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Festival in Kenya! I'll be part of a team of evangelists and intercessors sharing the Gospel in outdoor meetings, prisons, universities, orphanages, street ministry in Nyeri, Kenya, led by Wesley Paul Ministries. Over 150 Churches and ministry alliances across all denominations are hosting us and joining in weekly gatherings of unified prayer across the city!


August 5

Setting Hearts Free! conference

Messiah Ministries' Conference hosted at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas on Saturday 8:30 to 4:30, with breakfast and lunch included. Worship and Inner Healing Prayer Ministry.

All are Welcome!

No Charge. Love Offering. Please send us an email to register:

Events@Messiah-Ministries.org


September 9 - Save the Date!

Messiah Ministries' Annual Celebration Fundraiser

Free to Be Like Jesus - Texas Style!

Please make plans to come join us if you can. Hosted this year at the Y.O. Ranch Hotel & Conference Center in Kerrville, Texas

Events@Messiah-Ministries.org


October 14

Speaking at the Worship Meeting with Louada Raschke Ministries at The Empty Cross in Kerrville, Texas for the Lunar Eclipse optimal vantage point in the Texas Hill Country when thousands will come to see it that weekend. Coming King Sculpture Prayer Garden.


November 2-13

Ministry in Spain! Freedom Encounter Weekends at 2 Churches inviting us for Inner Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry and Equipping


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays