Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Whose Feet Will I Wash? Whose Heart Will I Have? - June 6, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, June 6 - Whose Feet Will I Wash? Whose Heart Will I Have?

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:3). Your children follow Your Spirit (Romans 8:14). Your disciples walk in Your steps (1 Peter 2:21). Lead me today, Lord Jesus. ...

 

And what comes to me today is this picture of You humbling Yourself to wash Your disciples’ feet:

 

“So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, ‘Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them” (John 13:12-17).

 

There’s a depth of humility in Your heart that I know is not yet in my heart. As much as I like to think I give and love and serve, I know the honest truth is I’m still very focused on me -- how do I feel, how do I look, how will this help me. And the really, really honest truth is, sadly, that even when I’m giving and loving and serving, I’m still even very focused on me while I’m doing that!

 

Lord, help me. Holy Spirit, change me. Crucify me of more of my flesh and fill me with more of Your Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). Set me free from the idolatry of this unholy trinity of me, myself, and I. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10; Ephesians 4:23).

 

Put Your thoughts in my mind. Put Your desires in my heart. Let me “be transformed by the renewing of (my) mind” (Romans 12:2). Let me “be conformed to (Your) image” (Romans 8:29). Make me more like You today, “because as (You are), so are we (to be) in this world” (1 John 4:17).

 

So whose feet will You lead me to wash today? Whose life will You lead me to serve today. Whose heart will You lead me to touch today? Open the eyes of my heart to see them and not myself, to serve You and not my own self interests. “A servant is not greater than his master,” so let me be about my Master’s business of giving and loving and serving today -- from the heart of my Master abiding in me (John 15:4). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 

My friend, may you be filled with the heart of our Master, as you give and love and serve with His heart today, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


June 15

Speaking at San Antonio, Texas Evening Aglow 7PM

Hosted at Friendship Church, 14015 San Pedro. Contact Hannah for details: sa.aglow.evening@gmail.com All are welcome!


June 16-17 (Being Postponed until August 5)

Setting Hearts Free!

Messiah Ministries Conference hosted at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas on Saturday. All are Welcome!

No Charge. Love Offering. Please send us an email to register:

Events@Messiah-Ministries.org


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Festival in Kenya! I'll be part of a team of evangelists and intercessors sharing the Gospel in outdoor meetings, prisons, universities, orphanages, street ministry in Nyeri, Kenya, led by Wesley Paul Ministries. Over 150 Churches and ministry alliances across all denominations are hosting us!


September 9 - Save the Date!

Messiah Ministries' Annual Celebration Fundraiser

Free to Be Like Jesus - Texas Style!

Please make plans to come join us if you can. Hosted this year at the Y.O. Ranch Hotel & Conference Center in Kerrville, Texas

Events@Messiah-Ministries.org


October 14

Speaking at the Worship Meeting with Louada Raschke Ministries at The Empty Cross in Kerrville, Texas for the Lunar Eclipse optimal vantage point in the Texas Hill Country when thousands will come to see it that weekend. Coming King Sculpture Prayer Garden.


November 2-13

Ministry in Spain! Freedom Encounter Weekends at 2 Churches inviting us for Inner Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry and Equipping


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays